Truths from the Self is an insightful guide to discovering the ever-changing wisdom of the present moment and its application to every facet of our lives. Moving us beyond fixed beliefs and rigid value systems, this book shows us how to transform ideological absolutes into flexible responses based on the realities of the current situation. Both practical and philosophical, Truths from the Self shows us how to find our inner truth, evaluate our motivations, assess our current reality, and emerge with powerful options for our lives. It helps us to see clearly into the nature of a person or situation in our present moment, differentiate between factors without judgment, and shed our fears of evaluating reality with clarity and common sense. A superior guide to comporting ourselves with both strength and sensitivity, this book illustrates how to bring wisdom to each new situation and respond in the best possible manner to our present-moment circumstances.
Truths from the Self shows us…
• how to find our inner truth;
• the difference between inner truth and self-gratification;
• the importance of exercising our powers of differentiation;
• three energies that must be mastered in order to act with present-moment wisdom;
• the difference between compromise and a dynamic balance of energy;
• how soul movement differs from conscience;
• the importance of dealing with reality rather than idealized images;
• how to use all parts of self as the moment demands;
• how present-moment wisdom is based in attunement to self and others;
• how to give to others without impoverishing the self.
Written by a nationally certified psychoanalyst, Truths from the Self is factual and well grounded yet resonates deeply with the heart and soul. Reading it is more than informational; it is an uplifting and joyful experience.